These cookies are essentially your morning bowl of oatmeal, so you can eat the entire batch and it really doesn't matter. So, bring on the stress eating!
The power foods:
- oatmeal: fiber and protein to help you feel full. This grain also stabilizes your blood sugar and removes bad cholesterol!
- dark cocoa chips: heart healthy and fixes that chocolate craving.
- almond butter: like oatmeal, this nut butter is high in protein and lowers blood sugar. It also provides essential healthy fats to make you glow!
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (just put some oatmeal in your blender and blend into a powder)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used 80% dark)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened and shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 3 tbs. almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Stir together oat flour, chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Melt the almond butter so it malleable and stir into batter with flax egg and vanilla.
- Refridgerate for 30 minutes while you preheat the oven to 375F
- Place cookies (approx. 1 inch balls) on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. They don't grow that much, so don't worry about great spacing.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes
Hope y'all enjoy and shine on!